The water of Zam-Zam has countless of virtues and it is extremely pure and clean. It is the most blessed and purest of all waters on earth.
Allama Taahir Karwi, writes in this regard:
- The inception of this well was owing to Hadhrat Ismaeel (alaihimus salaam) and his mother Hadhrat Haajira (R.A).
- Its coming into existence was owing to the intervention of Hadhrat Jibraeel (alaihis salaam).
- Its position is upon the most blessed place on earth, i.e. near the Kaaba Shareef and within the Haram.
- This well is surrounded by three such sacred places, viz. Hajre Aswad, Safa and Marwah which grants it virtue (over all other wells).’
- This is such blessed water, from which Prophets, Pious and Allaah-fearing people have drank.
- This such a pure water, with which, Hadhrat Jibraeel (alaihis salaam) bathed the pure heart of Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam).
- This water also has this virtue that Rahmatul lil ‘ Aalameen, Muhammad Mustafa (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), twice rinsed his blessed mouth in the bucket of its well, thereby granting it the virtue of having the effect of his Mubarak mouth.
- The world over, this is such a blessed water, that it has been praised by the most Truthful of all the truthful people (sallallahu alaihi wasallam).
- Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) requested this water from Makkah Mukarramah, whilst he was stationed in Madinah Munawwarah.
Narrations, Incidents and Ahaadith on Zam- Zam
- It is reported from Hadhrat Jaabir (radhiayallahu anhu) that Rasullullah(sallallahu alaihi wasallarn) said: “That person who has completed seven Tawaafs of the Kaaba Shareef, then he performs 2 Rakaats Salaat behind the Maqaam-e-Ebrahim, and he has a drink of the water of Zam-Zam, all his sins will be forgiven.” (Tafseer Waahidi]
- Nabi Kareem (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: “The water of Zam- Zam has a cure for all ailments. ”