BEAUTIFUL HADITH ABOUT EID
The Messenger of Allah Muhammad is reported to have said: “And then the night of Eidul fitr, the night that is called Laylatul Jaa’izah(night of prize giving), comes along. On the morning of Eid Allah sends down the Malaa’ikah to all the lands of the earth where they take their positions at access points of roads, calling out with a voice that is heard by all except man and jinn, “O Ummah of Muhammad(S.A.W), come forth from your houses towards a Lord thet is noble and gracious, who grants much and pardons the major sins.” When they proceed towards the places for their Eid salaah, Allah says to the Malaa’ikah: “What indeed is the reward of that employee who had rendered his services?” The Malaa’ikah reply’ “O Lord and Master, it is only right that he should receive his reward in full for his services.” Allah then says, “I call you to witness, O My Malaa’ikah, that for their having fasted during the month of Ramadhaan, and for their having stood in prayer by night, I have granted to them as reward My pleasure and have granted them forgiveness. O My servants ask now of Me, for I swear by My honour and My greatness, that whatsoever you shall beg of me this day in this assembly of yours for the needs of the Hereafter, I shall grant you; and whatsoever you shall ask for worldly needs, I shall look at you favourably. By My honour I swear, as long as you shall obey my commands, I shall cover your faults. By My honour and by My greatness do I swear that I shall never disgrace you amoung the evil-doing ones and disbelievers. Depart now from here, you are forgiven. You have pleased Me, and I am pleased with you. The Malaa’ikah an seeing this great reward bestowed by Allah upon the Ummah of Muhammad (S.A.W) on the day of Eidul Fitr become greatly pleased and happy.”
IBADAH(WORSHIP) ON THE NIGHT OF EID
Our Beloved Rasulullah (Salallaho alaihe wassallam) said : “The person who stays awake on the nights preceding the 2 Eids occupying himself with ibâdah(worship), his heart will not die on the day when everyone’s heart will perish.” (His heart will not die during the time of evil and corruption). It could also mean that with the blowing of the trumpet his soul will not become unconscious.
SUNNAH ACTS ON THE DAY OF EID:
- Wake up early
- Take a Ghusl (bath) before Eid Salaah
- Brush your teeth
- Dress up, putting on best clothes available
- Use itr
- Eat something sweet before proceeding to the Eid Musallah e.g. Dates etc.
- Pay Zakaat-al-Fitr before Salaatul-Eid (on Eid-al-Fitr)
- Go to Eid Musallah (Eid Gah/prayer ground) early.
- Offer Salaah-al-Eid in congregation in an Eid Musallah except when whether is not permitting like rain, snow, etc.
- Use different roads en route to the Eid Musallah and back home
- Recite the following Takbir on the way to Eid Musallah :
Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar. La ila-ha ill-lallah.Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar. Wa-lilahill hamd. (Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. There is no god but Allah. Allah is Greatest, Allah is Greatest. And all praises are for Allah)
TIPS ON HOW TO SPEND THE DAY OF EID:
- Keep in mind the pleasure of Allah and uphold Shari’ah at ALL times
- Adorn yourself and your family modestly in the best of garments (not necessarily new).
- Should Eid be made at my mum or your mum or whoever/wherever? This requires Mashurah (mutual consultation). Mashurah is a Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalaho alaihe wassallam).Try to compromise and accommodate each other.
- Avoid over eating and other festivities that have no benefit.
- Visit the poor, needy, orphans, elderly and sick.
- Maintain and strengthen family bonds- Rasulullah (S.A.W) is reported to have said, “Anyone who wishes to have his means of livelihood enlarged and a prolonged life, should treat his relatives with kindness.”
- Don’t forget the poor and needy Muslims in all parts of the world in your du’as and charity.
- Be punctual with our acts of worship on this joyous day.
SIX FAST OF SHAWWAL
Fasting Six Days of Shawwal After Ramadan: “Like Fasting The Entire Year”
The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him) said, :“Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days from Shawwal it is as if they fasted the entire year.”