We place great importance to our social responsibility. We regard it as a voluntarily assumed obligation towards the good of a larger social unit as opposed to the self alone. It is responsibility which we have to society at large. The principle of social responsibility dictates that we should contribute towards the general wellbeing of humanity.
We live in a diverse community. This, we believe, give us an opportunity to get involved in various activities for the benefit of society. It allows our learners to partner and work with a number of community based organisations. By doing so, our learners have direct experience of the difficulties experienced by those who are less fortunate.
One cannot live in isolation from the community in which one finds oneself.
With this in mind, we encourage our learners to participate extensively in activities relating to community service. Our learners have linked up with various community based and other charitable institutions and are actively engaged in activities for the benefit of society. Amongst others, our learners
- collected more than 500 books in 1 week for an underprivileged school in conjunction with Islamic Relief;
- assisted with the building of a Green House at a School in Finetown in conjunction with SANZAF;
- regularly distribute fruit to various orphanages and old age homes;
- collect and distribute blankets to the needy during the months of winter;
- distribute food hampers, soup and haleem to the needy during Ramadaan;
- collect funds to assist in natural disasters and other emergencies in conjunction with Islamic Relief, SANZAF, Al-Imdaad Foundation and Gift of the Givers